Home » COMMUNITY » COMMUNITY & CHURCH » BAPTISM

BAPTISM

Baptism is a beautiful and public display of faith in Jesus. In baptism, a person is emerged in water by another believer. The washing in water symbolizes the washing away of sin and the believer embracing God’s gift of grace and forgiveness.

Baptism is an important step on the journey of faith. Jesus said, “Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,” MATTHEW 28:19. Read these scriptures so that you can embrace their importance.

READ SCRIPTURE

MATTHEW 28:18-20, NIV

18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

ROMANS 6:1-4, NIV

1 What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase?

2 By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?

3 Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?

4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

LIVE IT

What questions do you have about baptism? First, seek answers from the Bible. Read the verses given in this lesson one more time. You also may like to get the wisdom of a Christian friend.

If you have given your life to Jesus Christ, there is no reason you should not be baptized! Pray to God and ask Him to show you the best time and place to do this.

PRAYER

“Lord Jesus, I thank you for all that baptism represents. Your Word teaches us that “We were therefore buried with him [Jesus Christ] through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.” (Romans 6:4) My sins have been washed away and I now step into a new life with Jesus! I want to be obedient to your command to be baptized, Lord God. Please show me the best time and place for me to make this public declaration of my faith in you. In Jesus name I pray, Amen”

Share This