Home » COMMUNITY » COMMUNITY & CHURCH » FALSE TEACHERS

FALSE TEACHERS

The Bible says that Satan is “the father of lies.”

Satan deploys false prophets and teachers that lie and confuse, they twist scripture and are often looking for power and money to feed their twisted egos.

The Bible firmly warns us to be on guard against such liars and to have nothing to do with them.

Study the scriptures to learn how to identify wolves and false teachers.

READ SCRIPTURE

2 PETER 2:1, NIV

1 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them-bringing swift destruction on themselves.

ACTS 10:28-30, NIV

28 Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.

29 I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock.

30 Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them.

LIVE IT

Discuss with a Christian friend some of the false teachings that have become popular where you live. What are these teachings and why exactly are they so destructive?

Remember that God’s truth always points to Jesus being the Way, the Truth, and the Life (John 14:6). You can quickly identify false teachers by their view of Jesus Christ.

_________
PRAYER

“God, your word says that false teachers ‘…will secretly introduce destructive heresies [Lies about God], even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them-bringing swift destruction on themselves.’ (2 Peter 2:1) Protect those whom I love, as well as my own mind from being deceived by kinds of people. Give me wisdom and an ability to clearly see destructive lies when they are spoken. I trust your Holy Spirit in this. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.”

Share This