Home » COMMUNITY » NEEDING OTHERS » IRON SHARPENS IRON

IRON SHARPENS IRON

God uses people in our lives to teach and sharpen us.

There is a profound principle in scripture, “as iron sharpens iron, so one sharpens another.” Conflict is a part of life.

God uses tension and conflict to teach us lessons. It is important that we are quick to forgive others, to be willing to listen and learn. We also need to be teachable. Let some “sparks fly,” it will make you a better person.

READ SCRIPTURE

PROVERBS 27:17, NIV

17 As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

MATTHEW 6:14, NIV

14 For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.

LIVE IT

Ask yourself three simple questions:

1. What relationship in my life does God seem to be using to sharpen and grow me into becoming more like Jesus?

2. How can I be more intentional with this relationship, so that God could use it even more to help me grow?

3.Do I have an older, more mature, follower of Christ that could help the sparks fly in my life?

PRAYER

“Father, I thank you that “As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.” (Proverbs 27:17) Please bring these sharpening relationships into my life so that I may experience valuable life change in you. I really desire to have close and trustworthy friendships with other believers. I believe you will bless me with these friendships as I continue to trust you. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.”

Share This