Home » COMMUNITY » WALKING IN COMMUNITY » DIRECTION

DIRECTION

It is important to remember that our faith is not in other people. Our faith is in Jesus who is always loyal, true, caring and faithful. He is God!

Jesus, our trail guide, gives us clear direction by reminding us to keep it simple and focus on two commands.

The first command:
Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.

The second command:
Love your neighbor as yourself.

READ SCRIPTURE

MATTHEW 22:37-40, NIV

37 Jesus replied: ” ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’

38 This is the first and greatest commandment.

39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

LIVE IT

Today choose to memorize the four short verses found in Matthew 22:37-40. These words of Jesus Christ are filled with significance because they summarize what life is really all about. Jesus indicated that the Law and Prophets (in other words, the whole Old Testament) hangs on these two commandments!

Write down these verses in a place where you will see them everyday and speak them out loud to help you remember them.

PRAYER

“Lord, help me to love you the way you love me. Lord, also, help me to love others the way you love others.

By the power of your Holy Spirit, I choose to love you today and I choose to love others today. Amen.”

Share This