Home » COMMUNITY » WALKING IN COMMUNITY » WORK AS A TEAM

WORK AS A TEAM

The Lord is training you to become a skilled hiker along the path of life. You climb higher, straining forward, avoiding traps.

However, sometimes you will make a mistake and fall over a ledge into great danger. Your salvation is secure but you will need others to throw you a rope and pull you out. Then you will do the same for those around you.

There is no “judgment” here; we are all straining forward on the path.

READ SCRIPTURE

JOHN 17:20-23, NIV

20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message,

21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one:

23 I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

LIVE IT

Read John Chapter 17:20-23 three times very slowly.

Using your own words, describe what Jesus is praying to His Father about. Write down your responses in your journal.

Now write down 3 different ways that you are challenged or inspired by Jesus’ words.

How can you begin today to live a life that is more unified with other believers?

PRAYER

“Jesus, thank you for this amazing prayer you offered to your Father. I desire to be united in heart and purpose with the believers around me. Please help me to be a voice for forgiveness, love and reconciliation to those around me today. Lord, forgive us as your followers for not showing the world your beautiful love. I am committing to live in love and unity with all believers, oh Lord. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.”

Share This